The Society, founded in 1975, promotes interest in family history amongst its members and the general public. We invite you to consider joining and to visit our Research Centre at MEA House with its library and other research facilities.
We have a wide range of publications, parish records in particular, for sale.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Free On-Line Records: Indexes to 992,702 baptisms, 489,394 marriages, 1,401,095 burials plus 556,486 names mentioned in Northumberland and Durham Probate records between 1701 and 1858, and 33,131 of monumental inscriptions.
- Quarterly Journal by post or email
- Quarterly newsletter by email
- Entry to our Library and Research Centre in Newcastle
- Branch Meetings in North-East England and London
- Four free annual look-ups in the Society’s records
- Members mailing list: members can submit queries and discussion topics for distribution by email to all subscribers, who may choose whether to reply
- North-East Ancestors Forum: open to all, but maximum benefit for members
- Access to member’s family trees: over 2,000 family trees that have been submitted by members
Northumberland and Durham Family History Society, charity registered in England no. 510538
ALL WEBSITE FEEDBACK WELCOME – CONTACT US
[Last updated: 20 July 2022]